- Posted by Scarlett Hawkins
- On April 6, 2019
iMessage is an inbuilt messaging application suitable for Apple devices. People who are using Apple products can message for free through their iMessage application. Furthermore, the users can send texts, audios, videos, contact details via iMessage without wasting a lot of time. However, the users are complaining about an issue regarding iPhone messages keeps crashing. It is one of the most commonly encountered issues that is faced by a number of users as well.
By any chance if you are also facing the same issue, then solving is quite necessary for you. So, here you can find the most effective ways to get rid of the issue at the earliest possible. Hence, go through the entire article and resolve the error soon.
Reasons behind the iPhone Message Keeps Crashing?
There can be varied reasons behind the malfunctioning of iMessage. In case if you are also eager to know why your iPhone messages keep crashing, then have a deep look at this section. We are going to discuss some common causes of this particular issue. So, let’s start the discussion:
- By chance, if the iPhone has not been updated for a long time period then, you may face the iMessage crashing issue with your device. At that time updating the iMessage application is the only way to get rid of the error.
- An improper setting in the iPhone can active some feature that can impede your work and won’t allow you to send or receive any message from iMessage. At that time you have to disable some Settings to fix the error.
- Moreover, poor internet connectivity, unknown issue in the Apple device can also be the reason for such malfunctionings.
Fix iPhone Message Keeps Crashing Issue in Different Ways
There are many ways by which you can get rid of the error at the earliest possible. Here we have discussed some effective ways that will be really helpful for you. The methods are quite tricky, so it is recommended that execute the steps exactly the same. Any sort of mistake can be the reason for your data loss from your messages are here:
Method 1: Reboot your iPhone
When iMessage stops working or crashed then rebooting is the primary method to fix the issue. Hopefully, this particular trick will be done the job perfectly for you. To do so, the very first thing you have to do is to tap and hold down the Home key and the Sleep/wake key at the same time for about ten seconds. When the Apple logo appears on the screen release both of the key as well. Keep your iPhone to start automatically. Now, launch the iMessage and send a message as well. Check whether the ios 10 problems with iMessage is still appearing or has resolved.
Method 2: Turn Off some special Settings
If the above method is not workable for you then you may go with this one, It is one of the most reliable methods to fix the iMessage crashing issue at the earliest possible. So you have to turn off some settings such as “Auto-capitalisation”, “Auto-correction” and “Predictive”. You can find all the options under the Settings tab. To do the same the first thing you have to do is to move to the Settings option and click on it. After that, navigate to the General and choose Keyboard from the drop-down menu. Now, turn off all the options that are listed above in the section. Once you have done all the methods restart your device and check if the error still exists or not.
Method 3: Reset all Settings
Resetting all the settings option can fix your issue as well. So here we are going to discuss the entire process to do so. The first and foremost thing you have to do is to navigate to the Settings option and click on it. Now, move to the General icon and tap on it. After that, you have to choose the Reset button and then move to select the “Reset All settings.” Then, you need to enter the credentials such as username and passcode if needed. Then, click on the “Reset All Setting” option for one more time. Keep waiting for a few minutes while the resetting process is going on. At the final step, reboot your iPhone and verify if the same problem is still appearing or not.
Method 4: Restore from iTunes
If you are the most unlucky one, then you have to set up a fresh copy of iOS 10.2 through the iTunes application. You have to restore it from new software and it will refresh your iPhone at the same time. But it is suggested that you need to keep a backup record of your device. Let’s start the processes:
- First of all, attach your iPhone with your Mac or PC whatever you are using.
- After that, start iTunes and tap on the iPhone logo that is showing on the screen.
- Then, you have to choose the Summary option by clicking on it. You can find this at the left pane of the display.
- Now, look at the right side and move to choose the “Restore iPhone” icon.
- Next, proceed with this process and let your device to start the backup process.
- Then, you have to accept the license agreement which will come up for downloading the firmware.
- You may have to restore from this from a fresh software.
- At the final step, you have to restart your iPhone and check you completely solve the problem or not.
Method 5: Perform a Hard Reset
If none of the above methods are workable for you then you can follow this one to get rid of the error as well. You have to tap and press down the Home key and the Sleep/Wake key at the same time from your iPhone. When the Apple logo appears on the display you have to release both of the switches as well. Now, let the device to restart and verify if you are still encountering the same or not.
This user guide will help you to overcome the iPhone iMessage keeps crashing issue as soon as possible. But you have to perform all the methods very carefully otherwise you may confront other errors also. Moreover, to have a quick glance, you can always refer to the user guide. In case if you face any complications while executing the methods, then never delay to write to us. Our entire team is eagerly waiting for your valuable feedback.