- Posted by Scarlett Hawkins
- On April 8, 2019
Getting an iTunes error statement reading ‘iTunes could not back up the iPhone because the iPhone disconnected’ during backing up or restoring your iDevice? Generally, it implies that the restoring process or the backing up process is stopped when the iTunes application did not expect it to. This annoying issue might crop up due to several possible reasons. It depends on several factors such as the USB port used, the lightning USB cable or the backup files of your device. However, the good news is, there are various troubleshooting hacks to eradicate this frequent disconnecting issue of your iOS device.
Here in this post, we will focus on resolving the iPhone disconnects issues while restoring and backing up your iPhone. Just go through the following write-up which will ease up your pain and make things work for you.
The Checklist you must go through before Troubleshooting
Before going through the troubleshooting hacks, you need to follow a checklist. Here, we are going to discuss some of the important precautions that can make your task easier. So, without delaying too much, let’s take a look at the following things.
- At first, you need to ensure that you are using the original and authentic USB lightning cable to connect the devices to each other.
- You need to make sure that your Apple device is connected with the system.
- Check the USB lightning cable to verify that it is working properly and correctly.
- Ensure that you are not accessing a jailbroken or corrupted iDevice.
Now, you can go through the below passage in detail to know the troubleshooting hacks. You may not have to try them all. You just need to work your way down the list until you got the one that works best for you.
Situation 1: iTunes Could not Back Up the iPhone because the iDevice Disconnected
A majority of iDevice users come up with this frequent issue of iOS. The iTunes application of your iDevice could not back up the iPhone may be caused because of the corrupted USB cable that you are using to connect your device. Additionally, a poor network can be a reason behind this iPhone keeps disconnecting during a backup issue.
Hence, if you are wondering how to get rid of this issue and fix it instantly, then, take a look at the below passage in detail and you can easily troubleshoot the issue that you are suffering from.
Fix 1: Resolve the Disconnecting issue of your iPhone During Back Up by Trying another USB Cable
For the majority of times that you face the message ‘iTunes could not back up the iPhone because the iPhone disconnected’, the USB cable of the iDevice is to be blamed. In fact, you can avoid several types of small technical and connection bugs by using the proper and authentic USB cable to connect your Apple device.
The connection status largely depends on the quality and performance of the USB cable that you are using. So, you need to try to use another USB cable to connect your iPhone and after that, you may be back up your iPhone hassle-free.
Fix 2: Fix the iPhone Disconnected while Backing Up Issue by Resetting the Network of your iDevice
By following some easy steps, you can easily fix the ‘iPhone disconnected while backing up’ issue by resetting the network of your iDevice. Furthermore, this effective method can fix several types of intermittent connection bugs on your iPhone. The simple steps to do so are introduced in the following section.
- At first, you need to open your Apple device to proceed further.
- After that, you need to select the Settings option in your iDevice to reset the network settings.
- After that, tap on the General option under Settings.
- Next, you need to choose the Reset option from General.
- Next, tap on the Reset Network Settings option under Reset.
- Now, you need to wait for a minute or while to complete the resetting process.
- Once the above steps are complete, you need to restart your iPhone.
Be free to perform the reset network settings steps as described above, for it does no impairment to your present data on the Apple device. After completing all the resetting steps, check your iPhone to see if the issue is fixed or not.
Fix 3: Resolve the Disconnecting issue of your iPhone during Back Up by Booting the Mac System
If you are using a Mac, then this troubleshooting method can work effectively to eradicate ‘iPhone keeps disconnecting during backup’ issue. Additionally, it can solve several minor bugs in your iPhone. So, to do so, you need to follow some easy steps. So, let’s start the procedure.
- At first, you need to restart your Mac system.
- After that, you need to press and hold down the Shift key on your keyboard immediately. After that, a White Apple logo will appear on your system’s screen.
- Once you get the White Apple logo on your system’s screen, then you need to release the Shift key.
- After that, you will get the Log in screen.
After completing the booting process, you need to connect your iPhone to the Mac, try to backup or restore, and check if the issue is still appearing or not. If the issue still persists, then you need to move to the next solution.
Fix 4: Fix the iPhone Disconnected while Backing Up issue by Deleting the Lockdown Folder of your Device
If the above tricks do not work for you, then follow this one to fix this issue. A majority of iPhone users reported that this annoying disconnecting issue of their iDevice got fixed after deleting the lockdown folder of the device. Basically, the lockdown folder is a protected folder of your device containing the temp data of the iDevice.
Sometimes, the lockdown folder of your device become corrupted and leads to these type of glitches. So, it is very important to delete the corrupted lockdown folder from the device to be capable to back up devices anew. To delete the lockdown folder, perform the steps exactly the same as stated hereunder.
If you are using the Windows OS, follow the steps below:
- At first, you need to go to the Start option on the Windows 7 OS. ( Click on the magnifying glass option on the Windows 8 OS )
- Now, you need to click on the Run option.
- After that, write ‘%ProgramData%’ and press down the Enter button.
- Next, go to the Apple folder by double-clicking on the option.
- Now, you need to sign in as an administrator to proceed further.
- After that, delete the Lockdown folder.
- Once the above steps are complete, you need to restart your system.
If you are using the Mac system, follow the steps below:
- At first, you need to tap on the Go option under the Finder.
- After that, select the Folder option on your Mac system.
- Now, you will get a box.
- Write ‘/var/DB/lockdown’ in the Finder box and tap on the Return button on your Mac system.
- Next, you need to tap on the ‘View as Icons’ option to check the files of the lockdown folder.
- Now, you need to choose all the files of the lockdown folder and select them to delete. You do not need to delete the lockdown folder itself. Furthermore, you are only obligated to delete the files of the lockdown folder.
Once the above steps are complete, launch the iTunes application and connect your iDevice. After that, you need to check your iPhone to see that if the issue is still appearing or not. If the issue still persists, move to the next method.
Fix 5: Resolve iPhone Disconnected Error during Back Up by Deleting the iTunes Back Up
You can undoubtedly resolve this disconnected error of your iDevice by executing the below steps to delete the iTunes back up.
- At first, you need to go to the iTunes application and open it.
- After that, you need to tap on the ‘Preferences’ option.
- Next, select the Devices option.
- Now, you will get the iTunes backups list.
- After that, you need to choose the backups of the iTunes to delete them.
- After completing the deleting process, you need to restart your iPhone.
- Now, check your system if the issue is fixed or not.
- If not, restart your system again.
If you are still suffering from this error, then it is recommended to scroll down and read on to know more troubleshooting hacks.
Fix 6: Resolve iPhone Disconnected Error During Back Up by Renaming the Old Back Up Folder of your Device
Matching your iDevice identifier along with the name of the backup folder could be helpful to fix issues of the iTunes application could not back up the iPhone because the iDevice is disconnected. Moreover, renaming the old back up folder of your iDevice is not a troublesome task. Take a look at the below passage to do so.
- The default location of the iTunes application back up folder on the Windows system is: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
- Go to the Search Bar of your Windows system.
- Next, you need to type the ‘%appdata%’ on the Search Bar.
- After that, you need to choose the Apple option.
- Select the Mobile Sync option.
- Next, choose the Backup option to get all the backup files of the iTunes application on your Windows system.
- After that, you can rename the backup folder of your device.
Situation 2: iTunes Could Not Restore the iPhone because the iDevice Disconnected
Whenever you are encountering with this message of the ‘iTunes could not restore the iPhone because the iPhone disconnected’, the two troubleshooting hacks hereinafter can be remedial.
Fix 1: Try to Use Another USB Cable
This issue may crop up because of the faulty and broken USB cable that you are using to connect your Apple device. So, try to use an authentic USB cable and switch to another USB port to connect your Apple device. The issue should be resolved.
Fix 2: Booting Apple Device and System
This is one of the simplest methods that many Apple users forget to perform to eradicate such disconnecting issues. Furthermore, this is certainly the easygoing fix that you could perform to resolve iPhone disconnects errors effectively during the restoring process.
Hopefully, the above-mentioned troubleshooting hacks help you to eliminate this ‘iPhone disconnects during restore’ issue. Moreover, the technical hacks are practical enough which can ensure the optimal solution. This article assists non-tech-savvy persons. So, you do not require any extra technical knowledge or ideas to perform the above-stated steps. Somehow, if you find any sort of troubles then never think twice to write back to us. Write your estimable feedback in the comment section and let us know your review regarding this solution.