- Posted by Scarlett Hawkins
- On April 8, 2019
Digital Rights Management (DRM) is an incredible security service that is specially handled by Apple to restrict the programs in which the media purchased from iTunes can only run. However, every media contents purchased from the iTunes server is secured down by Fairplay that have a more complex way to DRM restrictions. But regardless of their reasons, several users are extremely puzzled with this feature and ultimately they desire to remove DRM from iTunes movies. So, if you are among that user who is seeking the removal of DRM protection for legitimate reasons, then this article will undoubtedly assist you in every possible way. In this content, we will talk about all the top-notch solutions to eliminate DRM from iTunes movies as soon as possible.
Effective Methods to Remove DRM from iTunes Movies:
We have arranged a list of all the effective methods to remove DRM from iTunes movies as soon as possible. You can go through either one of these methods or all the methods until you have the problem fixed.
Method 1: Remove DRM from iTunes Videos Via M4VGear
M4V Gear is the best application that removes the DRM from iTunes at a 20X faster speed. Follow the steps given below to remove the DRM from iTunes movies via M4VGear.
- At first, turn on your MacBook and launch the M4VGear Media Converter. If you don’t have that application installed, go to the Mac App Store and simply download the application.
- Choose the file from iTunes videos which you want to remove the DRM and click on the Add Movies button. After selecting the video file, the software application will automatically scan and detect the movies to remove the DRM.
- Select the Output format from the list and select the Output path after you have added the media files. When you set the output format as “Lossless MP4”, click on Remove DRM from the iTunes Video list.
It will need a few minutes to eliminate the DRM and after that, see the DRM-free MP4 file supports on your media players and other devices.
Method 2: Remove DRM from iTunes Videos Via Tuneskit
The Tuneskit application is an extremely pretty tool that allows you to remove the DRM from iTunes movies in an easy way. Go through the steps given below to perform the activity.
- At first, make sure you have the paid version of Tuneskit application installed on your Mac. After that, turn on your MacBook and launch the Tuneskit application.
- After the application opens, click on Add Videos option from the left panel of the application. This will sync your account by opening the iTunes service.
- Now, drag the media file which you want to remove the DRM and then drop the media file to the dropbox.
- Select the Output Media files to set the Output files. Select Convert option to remove DRM of that file.
Wait patiently for a couple of minutes and check if the media file which you have removed the DRM support on the other media players or not. You can also try another solution to remove DRM for your video files on iTunes.
Method 3: Remove DRM from iTunes Videos Via Requiem Application
This is the ultimate way to remove DRM from the iTunes movies via requiem application. You need to go through multiple tasks to perform this method. Follow all the steps prominently to complete the process.
Step 1: Uninstall the Newer Version of iTunes Application
To complete this step, you need to first downgrade the iTunes application which isn’t as easy as been advertised. Go through the steps below to complete this activity.
- Turn on your computer and press the Windows key to open the Windows Search box. Then, type Control Panel.
- Open the Control Panel and navigate to Programs and Features from the list. Then, select Uninstall or Change a program from the left pane of the window.
- Locate every entry that has Apple Inc listed and right-click on the application to select Uninstall.
- Tap on OK and then click on Confirm to complete the uninstallation of the iTunes application.
Step 2: Install the Older Version of iTunes Application on your Device
The second step you have to perform is to install the older version of the iTunes application on your computer to complete this method. Go through the steps given below to complete the task.
- Turn on your computer and navigate to the official website of the iTunes application. Then, download the Installation kit of iTunes version 10.7.
- After completing the download, extract the file to open it normally. After that, uncheck the box next to Automatically Update option.
- Install the application manually as usual, and then log in with your Apple ID and password to continue the process.
- Download the DRM protected videos on this version of iTunes and open them up. Next, make sure they can be played in iTunes.
Step 3: Download and Install the Java Environment on your Device
To complete this step normally, you need to make sure that you have the appropriate environment to use the Requiem that requires Java Runtime. Go through the steps below to complete the task.
- At first, turn on your computer and navigate to the official website of the Java Environment. Look for the JRE download button there.
- After the download completes, double-click on that application. Then, follow the on-screen instruction and Install the application manually.
- Now, when the installation completes, open the Requiem for the initial configuration to be over.
- Requiem will begin browsing automatically for your iTunes account if there any DRM shielded files available on your device.
- Now, check the videos are available to open in iTunes. Also, do not close Requiem while working is showing Under State.
- When it’s done, select the Video file and right-click on the file to select Remove DRM option from the list.
This will take a few minutes to complete and when the task gets completed, you will be prompted up with a message saying “Successfully Removed DRM”. After completing all the above steps accurately, check if the DRM-protected version is an unprotected version.
Although you finished up following, we make you clear that method 1 and method 2 are both paid services to accomplish the above task. You cannot proceed further unless you have the subscription for that tools. Hope the above article was profitable enough to assist you on how to remove DRM from iTunes movies. If still, you are facing trouble while performing the above task, then either you have not subscribed for those applications we mentioned in method 1 and 2 or you have done something opposite with those steps. In that case, positively you can consult with an expert or take technical guidance.