- Posted by Scarlett Hawkins
- On April 5, 2019
Most of the iPhone users have found that while using the iTunes application they get an error message from iTunes as “The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error has occurred (9).” Generally, this error code appears while disconnecting the iPhone device during the restore or updating process. After seeing this error, they may get frustrated and want to solve this issue on the device immediately. If this error is bothering you right now, then go through this article. Here, in this article, we have provided the best solutions to get rid of the iPhone restore error 9.
Possible Causes of iPhone Restore Error 9
There are several common causes behind the occurrence of the iPhone restore error 9 on the system. Here, we have listed some of the possible reasons why you encounter this error code on your iPhone.
- The error 9 iPhone appears whenever there is a problem within the connection. If the USB cable is not properly connected.
- If you haven’t updated iTunes, then you may see this error code on your device.
- Sometimes, it happens when you are using an older version of the iPhone.
- Due to the corrupted network settings, it can also generate this error message on your device.
Now, in the section below some of the effective solutions to fix this error code on your device are provided.
Effective Solutions to Troubleshoot iPhone Restore Error 9
We are going to discuss some of the effective solutions that you should apply on your device to resolve the iPhone restore error 9. Let’s take a look at the solutions below:
Solution 1 – Changing the Port or Cable
When you see this error message on the system, you must check whether the USB cable is properly connected or not. Sometimes, lose connection or bad cable or port can cause this error. So, if you see the USB cable has a bad cable, then you need to change it. Or, if you see there is a problem in the port, then you can disconnect the cable and connect another port. After doing this, check if the problem is fixed or not.
Solution 2 – Force Restarting the iPhone Device
The iPhone could not be restored error 9 appears when your device has any wrong settings or misconfiguration. So, you can easily resolve this issue by force restarting the iPhone device. To do that, follow the steps:
- At first, you need to press and hold the Power button and then, press the Volume Down button at least 10 seconds.
- Release that until you see the Apple logo appears.
Solution 3 – Update the iTunes
By updating the iTunes you can easily resolve the iPhone restore error 9. If you do not know the steps, then you can follow the under mentioned points:
- You have to launch iTunes.
- Then, click on the iTunes, which is located at the top of the screen to open the list.
- Select the ‘Check for Updates’ button. Now, the system will check whether the update is available or not.
- If any updates are there, then click on the Update option.
- Once it is done, restart the system.
Solution 4 – Update the iPhone
This is an alternative solution that you can apply on the system to resolve the issue, that is to update the iPhone. Follow the steps:
- Go to the Apple App store.
- In the Apple App Store, tap on the Settings.
- From the Settings window, go to the General section.
- Tap on the Software Update option, from the General tab.
- If the update is available, then tap on the ‘Download and Install’ option.
- Once it is complete, the latest version of the iPhone will be automatically installed. After that restart of the system, check if the iPhone works properly without any error.
Solution 5 – Disable the Firewall
If the firewall is turned on, then you can see the iPhone restore error 9. So, you need to disable the firewall to resolve this issue on your device. Follow the steps cited below:
- Click on the Apple menu to open the list.
- Select the System Preferences option, from the drop-down menu list.
- In the System Preferences tab, go to the ‘Security and Privacy’ tab.
- From the ‘Security and Privacy’, move the cursor to the Firewall tab, select it.
- Click on the ‘Firewall off’ option to turn Off the Firewall.
Solution 6 – Using the Recovery Mode
By using the Recovery Mode you can easily resolve the error 9 iPhone. Here are the steps that can help you to complete this solution.
- At first, you must launch iTunes.
- Then, attach the iPhone to the computer.
- Next, press and hold the Power button and the same time press and hold the Home button at least for five seconds.
- Release those keys and see your iPhone’s screen, it should be black, if you enter the DFU mode. If it is not, then repeat this solution again.
We hope the above-mentioned solutions will help you to resolve the iPhone restore error 9. With the help of this effective solutions, you can easily get rid of this error. However, if you ever face this issue again, then you need to seek better assistance.