- Posted by Scarlett Hawkins
- On April 6, 2019
iTunes is not only used to create or update the song’s library but the official software application from Apple allows the users to manage their iPhone and iOS device data efficiently. Thus, the users can create backups and restore their iOS devices via the iTunes services but a lot of users encounter “iTunes could not connect to this iPhone, the value is missing” error with the application as well. Basically, this error arises when you are trying to restore your iPhone devices with iTunes service. Furthermore, when this error arises, it stops the device to respond normally and you are unable to continue with your works. So, if you are dealing with this annoying situation and wondering for a permanent solution to settle this, then this is the right place you have come to. In this article, we will discuss all the probable causes and effective solutions to terminate this error code as soon as possible.
Probable Causes for iTunes Could Not Connect to this iPhone, the Value is Missing Error
If you are looking for the causes of iTunes could not connect to this iPhone, the value is missing error, then there are several reasons behind this error. If you restore your iPhone via DFU mode in an improper way, then this will result in this error. An outdated version of iTunes or if the iTunes application goes corrupt, then it will also result in the value is missing error. Sometimes an outdated version of the iOS version can also trigger this annoying error code. An improper setting on the device is another suspect for this error code. However, you can easily troubleshoot this error by implementing some of the efficient methods that we will discuss in the next segment.
Efficient Ways to Resolve iTunes could not Connect to this iPhone, the Value is Missing Error
We are posting some of the powerful hacks to terminate iTunes could not connect to this iPhone, the value is missing error in this segment. You can try either one of these solutions or all the solutions until you have the problem resolved.
Method 1: Update your iTunes to the Latest Version
As it is mentioned in the above section that an outdated version of the iTunes application can result in this error, you need to update the application to the latest version. Go through the steps below to update the iTunes to the exclusive version.
- At first, turn on your MacBook and make sure that you have to quit the iTunes application.
- Now, navigate to the Mac App store and click on the Update tab.
- After clicking the Update tab, the Mac will start checking to the Apple’s server if there any download available for your system. If there any update available, click on the Application.
- Now, click on the Download and Install button next to the application file.
- Download the file and install it manually as usual you do.
After completing all the steps accurately, restart the MacBook and check if the error exists. If still, the error code persists, try another solution below.
Method 2: Uninstall and then Reinstall the iTunes Application
You need to uninstall the application first and then reinstall the service again to check if the error code resolved or not. Sometimes the application goes corrupted or some files goes missing which results in this error. Hence, you need to uninstall and then reinstall the service back. Go through the steps below to perform the activity:
- At first, turn on your MacBook and drag the desktop iTunes icon to the Trash Bar to continue next.
- Now, Right-click the “iTunes.app” listed in the Application folder and click on Get Info and then click on Padlock icon.
- Enter the Admin Password if you are prompted to do so and then expand the Sharing and Permission tab.
- Set the option to Everyone to Read and Write and then close the window.
- Delete the Trash folder and type Activity Monitor into the Spotlight bar and launch the application.
- Now, find the iTunes Helper to remove it and navigate to Library.
- Drive to the Preferences tab from the Library’s list and remove files with “com.apple.iTunes” at the top.
- Now, restart the MacBook to complete the process and then open the App Store on your device.
- Search for the iTunes application there and enter the iOS version to proceed next.
- Click on the Download button below the application and then click on OK to confirm the download.
- After downloading the application file, follow the on-screen instruction and install it manually, as usual, you do.
Restart the MacBook after completing all the above steps and check if the error exists. If still, you are facing the problem with your iTunes, try another solution below.
Method 3: Put the iPhone into DFU Mode
If the iPhone value is missing error occurs, then it might be due to an internal glitch that stuck with your device accidentally. Hence, you need to put your device into DFU mode in order to eliminate this error. Go through the steps below to perform this activity.
- At first, turn on your MacBook and connect your iPhone to your Mac via USB cable.
- Now, press and hold the Power key and the Home button together and lose it after 10 seconds to proceed.
- Again do the same for at least 10 seconds until the MacBook recognizes the device and says iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
- Release both the Home button and the power key when the iTunes is connected with the device.
- When the iPhone’s screen finally goes off, it means that you have fortunately entered the DFU mode and then restore your iPhone via DFU mode.
If still, you are unable to complete the restore and the error still continues, try another solution below.
Method 4: Delete the iTunes Cache Files in Mac
Sometimes, the cache files in the iTunes application cause the “value is missing error”. Hence, you need to delete all the junk files and the cache files from the iTunes application in order to terminate this error code. Go through the steps below to perform this method:
- At first, make sure that you have exited the iTunes service from your Mac and then open the Finder tab on your device.
- Now, press the Command+Shift+G key at the same time and paste “~/Library/Caches/com.apple.itunes” in the box when you are prompted.
- When the new page opens with a list of all the cache files, select all the files and move to the Trash folder.
- Select Delete the Folder containing the cache and click on Confirm and then on OK to finish the task.
After completing the task, restart your MacBook and start checking if the error is resolved. If even here, you are unable to continue tour tasks, try another solution below.
Method 5: Update the Mac iOS to the Latest Version
If none of the methods worked, then you need to update the iOS version on your Mac to check if the error solved. Go through the steps below to update the Mac iOS version.
- At first, turn on your MacBook and navigate to the App Store to continue this method.
- Now, drive to the Update tab on the top of the list and click on that to start checking for the software update.
- If there any update available for your device, click on that application software macOS Sierra.
- Click on the Update option next to the application file and then click on Install and Download.
- Wait for the MacOS to complete the download and then double-click the application to extract it after the download completes.
- Go through the on-screen instructions and install it manually as normally you do.
Restart the MacBook and check if the iTunes value is missing error is resolved.
It can be very irritating when this error pops up on your Mac screen. However, you can go through either of these methods or all the solutions to eliminate “iTunes could not connect to this iPhone, the value is missing” error on your device. Hope the above article was beneficial enough to assist you on “how to deal with this error code?” In case, the error still persists and you are unable to restore your device via iTunes, then there might be some other faults with your device or you have done something negative with those steps. In that case, positively you can consult with an expert and take some extensive technical guidance. Lastly, drop your valuable feedback below in the box to let us know about your experience.